NYPPEX: Retail Exposed Private Equity Funds Down 15% in Secondary Market
June 4, 2020
- NYPPEX estimates that secondary bid indications have declined approximately 15% on average for interests in private equity funds with significant exposure to the retail, travel or leisure industries.
- To illustrate, if institutional secondary interests in a U.S. buyout fund were bid at 83.25 (% of net asset value) prior to COVID-19, the new bid is 70.15 or 15.7% lower as estimated by NYPPEX.
- Private wealth “feeder” private equity funds with significant exposure to the retail, travel or leisure industries are bid at 65.05 (of net asset value) on average as estimated by NYPPEX.
- For qualified clients seeking to evaluate and rebalance portfolios exposed to retail, travel or leisure industries, NYPPEX provides the opportunity for superior transaction speed and price execution through its NYPPEX QMS Platform™ and proactive marketing approach.
- Qualified clients interested in a confidential discussion are welcome to contact the NYPPEX Advisory and Brokerage Group at email@example.com or +1 (914) 305-2801.
This market commentary is for informational purposes and qualified clients only. It is not a solicitation of a private transaction which may only be done through documents created by the private fund or private company and only in jurisdictions where permissible. Private placements may contain a high degree of risk.