Secondary Market Reports
NYPPEX 2011 Secondary Market Valuation Trends and 2012 Outlook for Private Companies Worldwide Report
The NYPPEX 2011 Secondary Market Valuation Trends and 2012 Outlook for Private Companies Worldwide Report is an authoritative source for insightful secondary market price data, valuation trends, tables and commentary.
This market commentary report focuses on the secondary private market for consumer web and social media private and public-listed companies worldwide including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Groupon, Zynga, RenRen, Yandex, etc.
The NYPPEX 2011 Secondary Market Valuation Trends and 2012 Outlook for Private Companies Worldwide Report includes the following highlights:
- Secondary transaction volume increased approximately 102% to a record $9.3 billion worldwide in 2011. However, we project a 24% decline in 2012.
- Secondary private market implied valuations increased approximately 71.4% in 2011, for the selected consumer web and social media companies.
- The best performing private consumer web and social media companies in the secondary market based on percentage change in enterprise valuations, were Twitter (+129%) and Facebook (+72%).
- The best performing public-listed consumer web and social media companies at IPO and lock-up expiration dates for secondary market buyers were LinkedIn (+175%) and Groupon (+49%).
- Secondary direct investments may be overvalued for certain private consumer web and social media companies based on our analysis of valuations in the public-listed and secondary private markets.
*Digital publications are emailed to purchaser (the “Licensee”) in PDF format. Reports will be password protected, watermarked with the licensee’s name and printing option will be disabled. By purchasing a digital copy of this report, you are agreeing to the NYPPEX Terms and Conditions
**Enterprise license allows for unlimited distribution within your organization.
The report’s information is based on proprietary secondary market data of NYPPEX, LLC, one of the world’s leading secondary intermediaries, with assistance from certain institutions, private funds, consultants and other organizations. The data is derived from our evaluation of actual transactions, bid and offer indications and estimated price indications.
Over 625 organizations worldwide use NYPPEX Private Market Data.
NYPPEX is committed to excellence in its secondary private market data. We appreciate and seek your comments so that we may continue to provide the best available information. For comments, please contact us at email@example.com.