NYPPEX: 1Q2020 Private Equity Fund NAVs -16% to -24%
May 15, 2020
- NYPPEX estimates March 31, 2020 net asset values for private equity funds worldwide will be -16% to -24% lower on average compared to December 31, 2019.
- Hardest hit in the 1Q2020 will be natural resource funds, whose March 31, 2020 net asset values we estimate will be -34% lower on average compared to December 31, 2019.
- After these NAV write-downs, we estimate that secondary bids will be 5-10% lower on average compared to December 31, 2019, to compensate for fewer distributions and longer terms in the future.
- For limited partners seeking to rebalance portfolios, NYPPEX provides the opportunity for superior transaction speed and price execution through its NYPPEX QMS Platform™ and proactive marketing approach byour specialized professionals.
- Qualified clients interested in a confidential discussion are welcome to contact NYPPEX Advisory and Brokerage at ir@@nyppex.com or +1 (914) 305-2801.
This market commentary is for informational purposes and qualified clients only. It is not a solicitation of a private transaction which may only be done through documents created by the private fund or private company and only in jurisdictions where permissible. Private placements may contain a high degree of risk.