NYPPEX: Secondary Private Equity Demand Recovering in June 2020
June 29, 2020
- In June 2020, we see improving secondary market demand for interests in a variety of private equity funds, including energy funds.
- In June, NYPPEX managed 8 auctions and had price matches on all 8.
- In general, each auction received higher bid prices and more bidders than in prior weeks during the COVID-19 quarantine period
- . With recent increases in oil prices, we also estimate there is greater demand for secondary interests in energy funds.
- NYPPEX provides the opportunity for superior transaction speed and price execution through its NYPPEX QMS Platform™ and proactive marketing by specialized professionals.
- Qualified clients interested in a confidential discussion are welcome to contact NYPPEX at email@example.com or +1 (914) 305-2801.
Private Equity Bankruptcy Update:
- On May 8, 2020, NYPPEX Analytics predicted certain private equity-backed portfolio companies had a high likelihood of filing bankruptcy in 2020, including Hertz, JC Penney, GNC and Rite Aid. Hertz filed for bankruptcy on May 22, 2020. JC Penney filed for bankruptcy on May 15, 2020. GNC filed for bankruptcy on June 24, 2020.